The Use of the first electric-diesel-train in Yogyakarta
Minister of Transportation, Hatta Rajasa, Wednesday (1/3) at Tugu Station, Yogyakarta, inaugurated symbolically the use of electric diesel train (KRDE) Prambanan Ekspres connecting Yogyakarta—Solobalapan Station in Solo. The use of this KRDE is the first in Indonesia.
Also attending the innauguration ceremony the Deputy of Infrastructure Logistic at the State Ministry for State-Owned Enterprises (SoE) on behalf of the minister, Governor of Yogyakarta, Sri Sultan Hamengkubono X, members of Commission V at the House of Representatives (DPR) Republic of Indonesia, Director General of Railway, and the commissioners and directors of PT Kereta Api.
In his speech, Minister of Transportation expressed proudly that the KRDE is modified by Inodnesian, from the SoE PT INKA, showing that our capacity is not to be underestimated by other countries. In fact, PT Inka will develop another 10 sets of electric train with only 30% components are made abroad while the remaining 70% are made by PT Inka.
Hatta also said that the government is trying hard, through long term, mid term and short development program in transportation sector, to develop a national transportation system that is reliable, efficient and with added.
On the other hand, President Director of PT KAI, Ronny Wahyudi, said that the just inaugurated KRDE is the result of the modification of the electric train (KRL)-Holec executed by the PT Inka Madiun. One set of the KRDE will have a capacity of 500 passengers.